Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

What is best treatment for opened tooth cavity after side walls of tooth was broken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 700 Questions
Hi. I want to consult a dentist for filling up one of my tooth cavity, which recently opened up after the side walls of the tooth got broken. It already had a filling done long back. Please suggest.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Go for capping rather than filling. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. As per you history i would like to tell you that filling won't stay for longer time. Its better to get x-ray done of tooth.If filling or decay is deep then go for Root Canal Treatment followed by capping. In case it has not involved pulp then you can go for direct capping. Visit your dentist for further treatment plan. Hope I answered your query Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor