Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What is an adequate penis size ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
hi doctor i m 32 year male, i have basicaly 2 sex problem....1 i hav small penis (3 inch normlly and 4-6 inch errect) and i hav errection problem so i cant enjoy sex 2. i like man for sex , i wann to know gayism is physical problem or phscological problem mean it related to only thinking or it is narlaly phenomina...pls help me due to those problem my marrige has broken...i want my life settle now...
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 28 minutes later
Dear Chintu,

Thanks for posting your query.

First of all let me assure you that you are not having any major problem. First regarding the size of your penis: Your size of penis is absolutely normal. It is enough to enjoy good sex. You will be surprised to know that only first 2 inch of vagina, the female organ is sensitive so, any thing more than 2 inch is fine to satisfy your partner.

The reason for failure of erection can be many. In your case, you may not be getting aroused by your partner as you prefer males over females. XXXXXXX is definitely a state of mind .Some men have a tendency for it so that they like men instead of liking the opposite sex. Unfortunately, our society still does not accept XXXXXXX people very well. If you are unhappy because of your interest in men rather than women, you can try getting counseling from a psychiatrist. It can help you change your sexual interest towards women.

In the meanwhile avoid friends who have XXXXXXX tendencies. Take counseling regularly. To manage your erection problem avoid smoking and tobacco in all forms. Take a good diet and regular exercise. You can practice yoga, which will increase your confidence in yourself. Erection problem will definitely go away if you are able to have a good trusting relationship with your partner.
There is a small chance that your counselor/ psychiatrist will send you to an endocrinologist to check that there is no medical reason for your problem.

I hope I have answered your query. Still if you want to share something more please feel free.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy life. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is an adequate penis size ? 55 minutes later
thank u so much doc, to guide me..but i like man frm my child hood nd i dont smoke or drink at all..but i hav this errction problem so far...suggest me wht to gaying is a i m not ther is any medicine to do out or this problem soon...i dont hav time sir
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later
Dear Chintu,

As I have written earlier,feelings of XXXXXXX is a state of mind and health as well.Due to some reasons either hormonal imbalance or sometimes just by practicing that life style a person gets hooked to it.

Medicines play a little role unless you have some deficiency.What you need is a counseling by a psychiatrist,and there is no other option for that.Medicines may help if you have some underlying depression or anxiety which only can be decided after the counselling.

My dear stop worrying and start acting and I am pretty sure that you will be normal.

Bye for now and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor