What is a thyroid nodule?
Thyroid nodule is a swelling in Thyroid gland.
All nodules in Thyroid are not cancerous.
The best way to know the nature of the swelling is to get an FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology ).Most of the lesions are diagnosed with FNAC.
If it is inconclusive, then Biopsy can be done.
Please consult your doctor and get an FNAC.
If you come back with the report, I will clarify further.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is peripheral vascularity thyroid nodule
- What makes thyroid nodules grow
- What is the treatment for thyroid nodules
- What is thyroid nodule punctate microcalcification
- What causes thyroid nodule what are the treatment options
- What treatment is required for thyroid nodules
- Thyroid nodules hashimotos thyroiditis
- What size thyroid nodules should be removed
- What do you suggest for growing thyroid nodules
- What are the symptoms of thyroid nodules?