Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What is a soft bulge of tissue above my testicle?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I have a soft bulge of tissue above my right testicle. It is about 2" around. my skin is discolored looks purple, in the entire area on the right testicle bag. The testicle has elevated slightly. The bulge can be moved inward by pressing inward. When i sleep it retracts and does not appear again for a while. It is not hurting but it seems to have a bubbling action once in a while. When I cough I can feel it in this area. Please advise on which doctor i should see for this problem Thank you Derren XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Please see an internal medicine or family medicine physician today or report to your nearest emergency department. Discoloration of skin indicates vascular congestion, or "backup" in blood vessels, which is never a normal sign & shouldn't be ignored. The lump you are feeling might be an inguinal hernia or a varicocele, however this cannot be definitively determined without a proper physical examination. Thank you for sharing your health care concern with us and I hope you can obtain treatment promptly. Take care, Dr. G
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor