What is a protein kidney stone?
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Stones from over a NIDUS. It is composed of protein and that is what the analysis would have meant.
The evaluation includes
1.Urine analysis- 24 hours sample to look at daily total excretion of oxalate, calcium and uric acid.
2. Serum calcium, uric acid levels and of course renal function tests.
3. Ultrasound can top look at the urinary tract for stones and kidney swelling.
Based on the results, specific treatment needs to be started.
1. Plenty of oral fluids.
2. Red meat restriction should help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is a non shadowing kidney stone
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- What is mucus with kidney stones
- What is a protein kidney stone
- What is the right treatment for kidney stone
- What is the treatment for kidney stones
- Nutrilite protein powder for kidney stones
- What is the treatment for kidney stones in children
- Kidney stone in the bladder now what
- What are kidney stones