Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What is a pimple on the shaft of my penis?

Jan 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 7280 Questions
I found a small pimple (I think) on the shaft of my penis, but it is completely painless. What do you think it might be?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need More information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would like to gather some more information from you in order to be able to help you better. --Since how long do you notice it? --Your sexual history?Single or multiple partners?Last sexual contact?Protected or unprotected? --Please upload a picture with good clarity of the lesion in order for me to be able to have a look at it and help you better? regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is a pimple on the shaft of my penis? 2 days later
Noticed it last week, which would have been a little over a month after an unprotected incident with a girl that performed oral sex on me. I tried to "pop" it and thick white stuff came out of it, as if it were a normal pimple. but it still does not hurt.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of molluscum Detailed Answer: Hi. I would like to keep a possibility of Molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum contagiosum is a skin infection that causes small pearly or flesh-colored bumps (Small dome-shaped bumps with a central depression). The infection is caused by a virus. They may occur on the penis, scrotum, inner thighs or pubis. The virus commonly spreads through skin-to-skin contact. Touching an object that has the virus on it, such as a towel, also can spread the infection. I usually recommend treatment for bumps in the genital area to prevent them from spreading. Treatment options are: -Needle Extraction -Removal by CO2 Laser, Radiofrquency ORElectrocautery. -Chemical cautery with Trichloroacetic acid, potassium hydroxide OR canthridin -Cryosurgery/Freezing with liquid Nitrogen. -Topical immunomodulators like Imiquimod. I would advice that you see a dermatologist who would tell you more about it and about the various treatment options and the best one for you. I usually remove them with CO2 Laser or Radiofrequency cautery if the lesions are few in number. If there are numerous lesions, i prescribe my patients topical imiquimod. Always practice safe sex by using a condom. I would advice that you also get yourself screened for HIV. take care regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor