Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What is a hard flap of skin outside the anus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
I have written my question THREE TIMES ALREADY! My gradaughter is 15 months old, has a hard flap of skin outside her anus and screamed when I tried to wipe with a QTip. Her mom is away. I'm afraid for her to go to school and have someone else wipe her. Her mother said she was recently constipated. Should I get her to her pediatrician tomorrow?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: An Hi, Yes you have to take her to the pediatrician. He may refer her to a pediatric surgeon. This is an anal tag. Fissure may be associated Give her more fluids and fruits to make her stool soft. The doctor will give her some stool softener.. Good luck God bless Dr Uma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor