What is a good heart rate for a 73 year old woman?
Please refer to the detailed answer below.
I can understand your concern.
After going through your query, I would like to inform you that normal heart rate is 60-100 beats per min in all age groups. In people who are physically very active or are athletes, heart rate can even be around 40s also.
Elderly persons are prone to have low heart like in 50s but some anti-hypertensive drugs like beta blockers can also cause low heart rate. Kindly check if you have symptoms related to low heart rate like:
2. Fainting or near fainting
If yes, then you need to modify the dose of current medications. You need to get an ECG and Echocardiography done to check if there is any rhythm related issue.
Hopefully, this information will answer your query.
Dr. Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart rate for a 96 year old
- Heart rate for 55 year old
- Heart rate for a 16 year old
- Heart rate 73 year old male
- What is a normal resting heart rate for 73 year old male
- What is a normal heart rate for a woman
- Heart rate for 10 years old
- What is 63 years old resting heart rate
- Resting heart rate for 55 year old woman
- What is normal heart rate for 65 year old woman