question-icon

What is a complex ovarian cyst?

Posted on Mon, 14 Apr 2014
Question: Owhat is a coplex ovarian cyst with echoes measuring 21*21 mm ? What is its best treatment ?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer: surgical removal of cyst & histopathology required Detailed Answer: Hello mam, I would like to know your age to diagnose the nature of cyst. Complex ovarian cyst at young age is mostly dermoid or an endometrioma; both of which are benign and can be treated with surgery. But if in perimenopausal age group it can be benign or cancerous; biopsy of the surgically removed cyst will decide the nature of cyst and post operative adjuvant therapy. Visit your gynecologist for examination which will aid in correct diagnosis.Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Take care and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN