What is a complete, successful abortion?
I have opted for medical abortion on 30th march,i was 5 weeks pregnant.
the pregnancy test is negative since past 4 days.
does this mean the abortion is successful.
I cannot get an ultrasound due to family issues.
Kindly suggest me if there is any way without ultrasound to confirm abortion success.
Yes, abortion is successful.
Thanks for trusting you about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
I have worked through your history and in my opinion as a home urine pregnancy test is negative almost 3 weeks after an abortion it means you have a complete abortion.
One more thing is, here in your case which indicates that abortion is completed that you are not having any bleeding, pain and fever.
Ultrasound scan plays a really important role to determine whether abortion is completed or not, but as you are unable to do it, a negative urine test is also suggestive of complete abortion.
Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more questions.
Smelly discharge can be a sign of infection.
You are most welcome and I feel glad to hear from you once again.
Infection after medical abortion is not really common, but in your case as discharge is smelly, you should rule out the possibility of an infection.
Hence you should consult a gynaecologist and get yourself examined to rule out the cause of infection, it can be due to fungal or bacterial infection.
Bloated abdomen can also be due to infection.
If infection is there than you require antibiotic treatment along with antacid for bloated abdomen.
Hope it is useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What if abortion didnt work
- Cytolog success in abortion
- Is the abortion successful with the bleeding
- Taken mifepristone kit for abortion bleeding is abortion successful
- What should be the dosage of mifigest for successful abortion
- Is abortion completed after bleeding
- Incomplete vs complete abortion
- What are the exercise to abort the baby
- Will prepidil treat complete abortion ?
- What medication is used for complete abortion