Owl Image

What is a circular bruise with a white small knot for a center?

Owl Image
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Question
1” circular bruise with white center and small knot in center
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a small hematoma.

Detailed Answer:
A small bruise with a white knot can be a small hematoma due to some injury in the area. The white center can be suggestive of a resolving hematoma. In case there is pain and swelling in the area then an infection needs to be ruled out. Otherwise there is no need to worry. This is likely to subside on its own.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal