What is a CTX blood test?
CTX is Serum C-Terminal Telopeptide test to be done on an empty stomach..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..
As per your complain CTX is C-Terminal Telopeptide test and is use to measure the rates of bone resorption by measuring the concentration of mature Type 1 collagen in blood and is more important to be done in post-menopausal women as they are more prone to develop bony disorders like Osteoporosis ,osteopenia and other diseases in which bone turnover (bone formation and breakdown) is unbalanced..
Considering your age it is advised to you because you are undergoing implant placement which is placed in the jaw bone and any discrepancy related to bone can cause difficulty in fusion (osseointegration) of the implant to the bone as well as there can be fracture in the jaw bone if it is weakened due to any bony disorders..
So it will be better for you to get it done to proceed safely towards implant procedure..
If you have further questions you are most welcome..
Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can chronic tooth decay and swollen TMJ cause Alopecia?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the wisdom tooth
- Suggest treatment for gingival recession
- What causes mouth ulcers post teeth denture insertion?
- What causes foul taste and smell in mouth, post-nasal drip and depression?
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph node in neck while teething
- Suggest treatment for delayed eruption of milk teeth in a 10 month old
- What causes burning sensation in mouth along with rashes on arms?
- Suggest treatment for hairy tongue
- Is invisalign better than lingual braces to correct teeth alignment?