What Is A CTX Blood Test?
CTX is Serum C-Terminal Telopeptide test to be done on an empty stomach..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..
As per your complain CTX is C-Terminal Telopeptide test and is use to measure the rates of bone resorption by measuring the concentration of mature Type 1 collagen in blood and is more important to be done in post-menopausal women as they are more prone to develop bony disorders like Osteoporosis ,osteopenia and other diseases in which bone turnover (bone formation and breakdown) is unbalanced..
Considering your age it is advised to you because you are undergoing implant placement which is placed in the jaw bone and any discrepancy related to bone can cause difficulty in fusion (osseointegration) of the implant to the bone as well as there can be fracture in the jaw bone if it is weakened due to any bony disorders..
So it will be better for you to get it done to proceed safely towards implant procedure..
If you have further questions you are most welcome..
Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have a runny nose and coughing up blood
- If i take a blood test for my thyroid will they see the nicotine in my blood
- Nose bleed fast heartbeat throwing up blood
- Normal angiogram and normal echo but elevated troponin in blood
- Menstruating for 3 weeks losing brown black blood
- Little lumps on arm after giving blood
- Orange tinge to menstrual blood
- My toddler poked her eye near the cornea has some blood
- Light orange colored menstrual blood
- Retching blood