What is a CT abdomen and Pelvis?
Thank you for the query.
CT means computer tomography. This is a test where X-rays are used to scan human body and are analysed by a computer so we can get high quality images. Abdomen and pelvis is the area which will be scanned. They do not put you asleep as this test is completely painless and it takes few minutes to perform it.
CT can visualize liver problems, pancreas problems, spleen problems, minor tumors in the abdomen, some large intestine tumors (only the large one), ovaries changes, fluid collections in the abdomen.
It all depends what symptoms you do have.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdomen pelvis ct scan contrast
- Ct urogram abdomen and pelvis
- Ct scan abdomen and pelvis
- Ct abdomen pelvis without contrast
- Ct thorax abdomen pelvis
- Fluid in pelvis on ct
- What does ct of pelvis with oral contrast suggest
- Abdomen pelvis ct tampon
- Pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis what is wrong
- Ct angio abdomen and pelvis