What is Sandoz candesartan used for?

Question
July 15, 2014 Good Day! Doctor, I have been prescribed 4 mg per day of Sandoz Candesartan. I am concerned because the drug info sheet states it is for high blood pressure and heart failure. I do have mild heart failure issues but have had low blood pressure readings all my life. Won't this drug make matters worse for me? As well I am already on 20 mg of Furosemide and 25 mg of Spironolactone each once a day. These are also listed on the info sheet as contradictions. Thanks! XXXXXXX 91 yrs old, Florida
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your therapy is correct...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting!

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

It is clear that you suffer from heart failure. By seeing your therapy, I understood that it is correct.

Sandoz candesartan is the prime medicine that is used to treat heart failure. It has many advantages compared to medicines that have been used before to treat this condition. Sandoz candesartan protects against heart failure, heart attack, strokes, kidney failure.

I would recommend lowering the dosages of the diuretics such as Furosemides and Spironolactone, in order to keep blood pressure under control.

You should contact your cardiologist to discuss the lowering of the diuretics such as Furosemide and Spironolactone.

Feel free to ask for everything unclear.

Dr. Behar.