What is STD and how is it spread?

Posted on Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Question: hello doctor I want to ask you about STD diseases, and treatment for Herpes type 1 what are all the other disease will cause skin problem. Because I have acne in my face slowly started Please explain me about the all STD diseases to be tested. what test to be done if you have sex with cow
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Herpes type1 is mostly a childhood disease Detailed Answer: Hello Though you have asked many questions in a single , I shall try to answer each STD are infections transmitted from one partner to other during sexual encounter. Herpes can present as Oral Herpes (caused by type 1 herpes virus) ,usually acquired in childhood ,may remain dormant life long, present as cold sores or blisters or as Genital Herpes which may be asymptomatic but transmitted on sexual contact. Herpes may manifest any time when immunity goes down or at some other times in life. Acne is not STD HIV,Syphilis ,Chlamydia, Herpes are to be tested. HIV and Syphilis are tested by card test, chlamydia by smears and culture tests Worms, fleas, ticks, salmonella, campylobacteriosis, scabies be transmitted by having sex with cow. As such STD is species specific so it is by human-human contact. I hope I have provided some useful information. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 23 hours later
I have two problem. 1. I have herpes type 1 ( count 3254) suppose to be 150 >, and taking Acyclovir 400 mg 1 no 2 times in a day . How long to be continue to take to reduce the virus. 2. 20 Years before I had light touch sex with cow, what will effect now and I want to know how the test to be taken and where in Bangalore for worms, fleas,ticks, salmonella, campylobacteriosis, scabies. Kindly let me know where I can get the test and treatment for the above in bangalore
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Take medicine for 3 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello Sex 20 yrs back will not harm you now so relax Acyclovir should be taken for 3 weeks. and then see. Any more query is welcome DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist