What is Permethrin cream prescribed for?
Permethrin Cream 5% for Scabies
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Permethrin Cream 5% is an over the counter medication used to treat a condition called scabies which is a skin infection caused by mites. There is intense itching in this condition, especially in the creases of groin, armpits and fingers.
The cream is applied on skin over the body for 8 to 12 hours and then the person must take bath and change in to clean clothes. This medication kills the mites and treats the infection.
It would help to know if your son or his girlfriend has scabies and help them take treatment for it.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Permethrin cream for stye
- Permethrin cream on penis glans
- Permethrin cream mix adderall
- Permethrin cream chest pain
- Permethrin cream dosage
- Permethrin cream on scalp
- Will permethrin cream help psoriasis
- Permethrin cream swollen penis
- What is permethrin cream usually used for
- Permethrin cream for scabies