What is Oxymorphone prescribed for?
Oxymorphone is stronger:
Hello and welcome,
I am sorry you are having a great deal of pain.
The answer to your question is that oxymorphone, the new medication you were given, is exactly twice as strong as your old medicine oxycodone.
10 mg of oxymorphone is equivalent to 20 mg of oxycodone.
So with your new medication, you will need less pain medication to have the same or better effect.
I hope this information helps. Sending best wishes for your comfort.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis