What is NT scan?
Can you please tell me whats is NT scan do i ahve to worry on this ?
I read your query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply
1. NT ultrasound scan is short form of term NUCHAL TRANSLUCENCY scan.
2. This measures the nuchal fold thickness ( thicknesses of skin behind baby's neck ).
3. This gives better measurement around 12 th week. Hence adviced.
4. This will rule out presence of any possibility of mental retardation ( down's syndrome) in the baby.
5. This is done routinely and there is no need for you to worry.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
You don't need to look into anything. The doctor will give you the report stating if there is risk.
You show it to your gynecologist or send me for opinion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings of the nt scan result
- What does this nt scan report indicate
- Difference between nt scan
- Nuchal translucency nt scan
- Nt scan pregnancy 45mm
- What does the nt scan report results indicate
- Nt scan nasal bone
- Usg n.t scan
- What does nt scan report at 12 weeks mean
- What are the findings in the nt scan report