What is Fluticasone Propionate nasal spray used for?
Fluticasone nasal spray works as an anti inflammatory.
Welcome to health care magic,
I have read your query and understand the concern.
Sneezing with runny nose is likely to be allergic rhinitis in your case.
Fluticasone nasal spray (Brand Name: Flonase or Veramyst) is a steroid preparation for the nose and works as an anti inflammatory effect.
It is used for inflammation in the nose (rhinitis) which is usually a seasonal occurrence in many people or say allergic.
Taking fluticasone will reduce the inflammation in the nose and the mucus formed will be less, making you feel more comfortable and decrease the stuffy nose sensation.
This should be taken as two sprays into each nostril and you will feel the benefits a day after you start using it.
Steam inhalation with warm salt water gargles will also be helpful for symptomatic relief from runny and blocked nose.
You can continue with allegra which is also a good anti-allergic drug along with your current medications.
Pain killers with anti-inflammatory combination (like combiflam) will also be helpful if you have a throat pain.
Hope this will help you and let me know if you need more clarifications.
Thanks and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fluticasone propionate nasal spray
- Azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate
- Fluticasone propionate and weight gain
- What does fluticasone propionate treat
- Fluticasone propionate blood in snot
- Fluticasone propionate cream uses
- Fluticasone propionate aqueous nasal spray
- Fluticasone propionate ointment 0.05 uses
- Fluticasone propionate nasal spray risks
- Fluticasone propionate cream common uses
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?