What is Cervical dysplasia ?
Thanks for writing to us.
Cervical dysplasia (abnormal changes in cell surface of cervix) is one of the common causes of post coital bleeding.
Chronic inflammation of cervix also makes the cervical tissue friable and it bleeds on touch causing post coital bleeding.
Another common cause is rough sex. If the bleeding is occasionally associated with sex then it can be due to wear and tear of the vaginal mucosa during sex.
It is high time that you get your PAP smear done and if it comes normal then get yourself vaccinated against HPV which is the most probable causative agent associated with cervical carcinoma.
Other causes of such bleeding include- cervical polyp, vaginal yeast infection, cervicitis, some STDs, endometriosis, etc. If your pap smear comes negative then you can get yourself screened for STDs, culture to rule out fungal infections.
You will also have to do pelvic examination by a gynaecologist.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of uterine cervical dysplasia
- Uterine cervical dysplasia causes
- Cervical dysplasia while pregnant
- Different stages of cervical dysplasia
- Severe cervical dysplasia treatment
- Cervical dysplasia causes
- Symptoms of uterine cervical dysplasia
- Escharotic treatments for cervical dysplasia
- What is cervical dysplasia
- Vaginal discharge cervical dysplasia