What health risks does smoking pose in terms of morbidity and mortality?

Psychiatrist
Question
What is my risk i smoke to sticks of cigarettes daily whats the risk on health
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It causes all forms of cancer

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Cigarette smoking is one of the most significant cause of morbidity (illness) and mortality (death). It is associated with most forms of cancer such as lung cancer, oral cancer, stomach cancer, kidney cancer, urinary bladder cancer, breast cancer (even in men), pancreatic cancer among others. In addition cigarette smoking is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart attack, peripheral vascular diseases among others.

The research have revealed that cigarette smoke contains almost 400 carcinogens (cancer producing molecules) which affects various organs of body on prolonged exposure.

However it has also been observed that if the smoking is stopped many of these effects get reversed over the years.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.