What happens if there is no dominant follicle?

Question
Hi, I am 34 years old and married since 2 days. I had normal right and left ovaries without cyst. But recently I had cyst on both. the doctor gave persinal 75 injection for 3 days on days 2, 4 and 6. I did follicular study on 8th day, the report says NDF on both ovaries, endometrium 9mm. What does NDF mean on 8th day and will it affect chances of conceiving.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No dominant follicle.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and report and understand your concerns.
NDF means no dominant follicle on 8 th day.
It means you are not having any dominant follicle and yes,if on following ultrasound if you are having no dominant follicle it is difficult you to conceived.
But it will depend upon following ultrasound.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.