What foods should I eat to increase semen flow?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Question: What foods should I eat to increase semen flow

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

The normal semen volume ranges 2-5 ml per ejaculation.

The most important aspect of maintaining good semen flow is adequate hydration. Water is the main constituent of semen, so, one should take adequate amounts of water and avoid dehydration.

In addition to consuming water, one should also consume water-rich fruits such as water melon, grapes, etc. Coconut water is also useful.

Other fruits useful in maintaining good semen flow are banana, strawberries, oranges, etc.

Meat such as poultry, red meat and lamb are good sources of zinc and amino acids. Zinc promotes testosterone production, which in turn increases the strength of erection and ejaculation, leading to greater semen flow.

Nuts are also useful sources of zinc and selenium, which help in increasing semen flow. So, one should consume cashew nuts, almond, etc on a regular basis.

Whole grains such as barley and wheat are also useful in improving semen flow.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM