What foods help fight colon cancer?

Dr. Shinas Hussain

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in General Health
Question: Which foods, when eaten may inhibit colorectal cancer
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Avoid red meat and have diet rich in fruits and vegetables.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Red meat is the main culprit behind colon cancer. hamburger and pork – increases the risk of colon cancer. And processed meats – like bacon, sausage and bologna – raise risk even more. Try to eat no more than three servings each week. Less is even better.
There is good evidence that getting enough calcium and vitamin D can help protect against colon cancer. Shoot for 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams per day of calcium and about 1,000 international units (IU) per day of vitamin D.
Finally most importantly have diet rich in fruits and vegetables. The antioxidants in them can protect you from various malignancies.
Wishing you good health
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T