What foods help fight colon cancer?
Avoid red meat and have diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Red meat is the main culprit behind colon cancer. hamburger and pork – increases the risk of colon cancer. And processed meats – like bacon, sausage and bologna – raise risk even more. Try to eat no more than three servings each week. Less is even better.
There is good evidence that getting enough calcium and vitamin D can help protect against colon cancer. Shoot for 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams per day of calcium and about 1,000 international units (IU) per day of vitamin D.
Finally most importantly have diet rich in fruits and vegetables. The antioxidants in them can protect you from various malignancies.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the chance of getting colon cancer
- What are the signs and symptoms of colon cancer
- What the chances of having colon cancer
- What is the newest chemotherapy for colon cancer
- What are the odds of beating colon cancer
- Metastatic colon cancer what to expect
- Kidwai cancer for colon cancer
- Colon cancer to liver cancer
- What is the survival rate of colon cancer
- Fighting colon cancer naturally
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?