What foods cause inflammation in the body?

Posted on Mon, 21 Aug 2017 in Diabetes
Question: I would like to know which foods cause inflammation in the body. I have type 2 diabetes and would like to know besides type 2 diabetes medication I need to make some dietary changes to help me.
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is a list.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have gone through your question.
I can un derstand your concern.

All food that are processed, adulterated, refined, diluted, sweetened, salted, or changed in some way can potentially cause inflammation in the body.

Any "food" with a brand name is not real food anymore because the ingredients have been processed and all its beneficial anti-inflammatory components have been lost and salt, sugar, and bad fats and preservatives have been added.

This is the lists of foods that cause inflammation and for this reason it is better if you avoid them:procesed milk,sugar,refined grains,Grain-Fed Meat(the meat of Grain-fed animals that are kept in concentrated animal-feeding operations),Vegetable oils (like corn, soy, and canola).

The diabetes diet is a healthy-eating plan that's naturally rich in nutrients and low in fat and calories.This simply means eating the healthiest foods in moderate amounts and sticking to regular mealtimes.

Key elements are fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

Another important think for you is to improve your eating habits, for example, by choosing portion sizes that suit the needs for your size and level of activity.

I suggest to add in your daily diet:
-Healthy carbohydrates such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes (beans, peas and lentils) and low-fat dairy products.
-Fiber-rich foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes (beans, peas and lentils), whole-wheat flour.
-Heart-healthy fish. Eat heart-healthy fish at least twice a week.
-"Good" fats. Foods containing monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats can help lower your cholesterol levels. These include avocados, almonds, pecans, walnuts, olives, and canola, olive and peanut oils. But don't overdo it, as all fats are high in calories.

Hope this information is helpful for you.
If you have other questions,feel free ans ask.I will be happy to help.
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Elona Xhardo 22 hours later
Thank you very much for your answer. Are there any pills that can reduce the amount of inflammation in the body that would be safe to take? Internet advertisement indicate such, however I am not sure what is being sold. Once again ,thank you......
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
An healthy meal plan is all you need.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I appologise for the late relpy.

Of course, there are lots of anti-inflammmatory medication(steroidal and non-steroidal anti-infammatory drugs) that are helpful if you have an inflammatory disease but there are not safe pills that reduce the ammount of inflammation caused by food.

The right solution in a diabetic is simply a healthy diet and an healthy lifestyle.

Each day includes three meals and three snacks and has a healthy balance of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
You'll also get plenty of fiber from whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes. Feel free to add more water, coffee or herbal tea to any day, but keep in mind that adding cream or sugar also adds calories and it is not good for your diabetes control.

So,chose carefully what you eat.This is all you need to reduce the infammation in your body and to feel better.

Hope i have clarified all your doubts.
If you have have other questions,feel free and ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist