What foods can help treat hypoglycemia and burning sensation in the stomach?

Dr. Abhay A Mali

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Diabetes
Question: what food to eat to help withlowLOW blood sugar in the morningsandburnof the stomach
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.

I want to know -
- Are you diabetic?
- If Diabetic What are current blood sugar levels, What medicines are you taking?
- What are the symptoms of low blood sugar levels are you suffering from?
- Is there is associated blood pressure problem, heart disease any medicines are you taking for that?

In such a case there is a need for detailed physical examination and depending upon it there may be need for further evaluation.

If you are diabetic and there is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) in that case there may be need to decrease doses of anti-diabetic medicines.
In case of hypoglycemia one should drink 5 gram of glucose dissolved in glass of water and after that have some complex carbohydrates like oats, tea biscuits.

For stomach burn first there is need to rule out possibility of heart disease.
Top avoid hear burn avoid eating oily, spicy food, avoid lying down immediately after having meal. Cold milk, use of antacids like omeprazole may help in reliving symptoms.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Abhay Mali.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj