What foods and drinks are harmful with high levels of uric acid?
Avoid alcohol, reduce red meat and much proteins, cut sweetened drinks!
Below are prevailing guidelines on dietary recommendations for persons with high uric acid levels/ gout so as to limit flares.
1. Encouraged to prioritize Low-fat dairy products. Avoid red meat as and alcohol as much as possible.
2. Eat many foods made with complex carbohydrates (whole grains, brown rice, oats, beans).
3. Take the only moderate amount of wine (up to two 5-ounce servings per day.
4. Coffee may help decrease levels.
5. Vitamin C may also help reduce uric acid levels.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food and drink and warfarin
- Food and drinks decreases erection
- Drinking alcohol with food poisoning
- Good bad colestrol food and drink
- My gamma gt level high which food and drink good for me
- Drink alcohol after food poisoning
- Foods and drinks that cause acne
- Food poisoning starbucks drinks
- Liver cancer fighting foods and drinks
- Foods or drinks that are good for heart