Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What exercise should be done to reduce the fat from the body?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 123 Questions
Why water retention/fat tends to happen/accumulate at my lower body part (hips/ thigh), as such, I have pear shape body. Is there any way to counter this, has it got to do with my metabolism?
What kind of exercise shall I do?(I just started doing yoga), How often? and how about diet?
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Grace Abraham 2 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Pear–shaped individuals are more likely to store fat than carbohydrates and protein, and also will have lower basal metabolic rate. The best way for pear–shaped individual to lose inches is to be conscious of their fat intake in the diet.

A diet XXXXXXX in complex carbohydrates, such as whole-grain cereals, lentils ,beans, lean protein with lots of raw vegetables & fruits will help to melt down the excess pounds.

Apart from the diet, another way to slim hips and thighs is to do exercise, focusing on aerobic activities like running, jogging, biking that works on your lower body and burns calories.
Daily physical activity of 30 minutes of aerobics, at least 3 times a week at low-to moderate intensity, preferably early in the morning, will help to boost your metabolism. Another 3 days of moderate strength training for 30 minutes will tend to tone your muscles and shape up the body.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor