What effects do Actemra and Methotrexate have on VIN III?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I have VIN III VULVA squamous intraepithelial cells. Will Actemra and or methotrexate (I take RA) cause cells to multiply at an increase rate? Do I need to discontinue use? Going in for 3rd surgery to remove cells in a couple of weeks. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Soumya 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take these medicines

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about VIN III and efffects of drugs you are taking.

Actemra and methotrexate does not cause cells to multiply at an increased rate and you can continue to use them.

THese are not harmful for your condition. You cans afely take them and go ahead with your 3rd surgery.

Let me know if you need anymore clarification.