question-icon

What ear drops can one use for infection in the ear?

Posted on Fri, 9 Apr 2021
Question: hi, i have infection in my ear, probably i scratched it from inside and then it developed. could you suggest some ear drops.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (15 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
different options available to you

Detailed Answer:

There are different types of ear drops, those for fungal or bacterial infection but based on your description, bacterial infection is most likely

Ear drops for bacterial infection include-(1)cortisporin/cortomycin drops which contain the antibiotics neosporin, polymxyin b and the mild steroid hydrocortisone to reduce the inflammation

(2)ofloxacin otic

(2)ciprofloxacin otic

(4)tobradex

(5)ciprodex (ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone)

It is possible that you may need a prescription from your doctor to get the ear drops.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James