What duration does teeth take to grow after milk teeth fall out?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 12 Feb 2016 in Dental Health
Question: Dear Doctor,

This is regard of my daughter who is 6.8 years old.

She had one of her milk teeth fell in November, and it is almost 2 months over since we the new teeth does not seem to be coming, What is the possible causes for the same? Why the new teeth is not coming. Just to share with you that the old teeth fell down naturally.

Please revert

xxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not abnormal yet, wait and watch..

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns.

As per your complain permanent tooth generally start erupting with a week or ten days after fall of milk tooth.
But it can take as long as over 6 months for it to erupt..

As it is 2 months you can still wait and watch for a month or two..
In case even after that also there are no obvious signs of eruption then you need to consult a Pedodontist and get evaluated..
He can do an IOPAR ( x Ray) to check for the causes of delay in eruption like absence of permanent tooth bud or any obstruction like thick bone overlying or deviated direction of the permanent tooth..

Then only treatment can be done..

In case if you have any more questions or doubts you are most welcome, I will be happy to help..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 2 days later
Hello Doctor,

Basis your suggestion, I have shown my daughter to a dentist and have also done an X Ray. Please can you now comment on this seeing the X ray (attached herewith).

regards

xxxxxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Permanent tooth buds are present..

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Welcome Again..

As per the Orthopantomogram that you have attached I have done a thorough examination and you should be happy to know that all of her permanent tooth buds are present and growing..
So you need not to worry as the permanent tooth will erupt in some time and will be visible in oral cavity..
You should wait for some more time and let the tooth to erupt naturally..

Any further queries are welcome..

Thanks and regards..
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad