What drugs can lead to iron deficiency anemia?
Antidepressant could cause iron deficiency
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.
There are lot of drugs that lead to iron deficiency, which include antacids, proton pump inhibitors (to treat acid reflux), calcium supplements, NSAIDS etc. There are certain antidepressant that could lead to iron deficiency like long-term use of Zoloft (sertraline) may affect the absorption of iron from iron-rich foods or iron supplements, leading to iron deficiency anemia or tricyclic antidepressants like amitriptyline or imipramine. Antidepressant leads to increase chances of bleeding by effecting clotting and could lead to anemia.
In case, you need further help, you can ask.
Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Lead to iron deficiency anemia?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Iron deficiency anemia anxiety
- Iron deficiency anemia and styes
- Iron deficiency anemia marijuana
- What is iron deficiency anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia and thyroidectomy
- Iron deficiency anemia microcytic
- Severe iron deficiency anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia in pregnancy
- Iron deficiency anemia emedicine
- Iron deficiency anemia and blindness
- What is the procedure to cure LBBB?
- What is use of Nexfolin tablets?
- What causes continuous involuntary eye movement?
- Whatc auses bent penis?
- Is Suboxone better than Vicodin?
- Is it normal to have crying bouts while taking cymbalta?
- Is retalin intake safe when having transposition of the great arteries?
- Does smoking affect cholesterol levels?
- Suggest home remedies for leg cramps at night
- Suggest treatment for bipolar illness and narcissistic personality