What dose of Zoloft should I take while on Lexapro and trying to conceive?
I suggest you to take the lowest dose of zoloft which is 25 mg a day.
As I see you are already taking the lowest dose of lexapro which is 5 mg.
Actually,there is no direct conversion between lexapro and zoloft.
Anyway,my suggestion is to initially begin with the lowest dose of zoloft which is 25 mg a day.
When you do this switch you will have high doses of drugs in your body so you should always contact your doctor for any side effects that this switch may present.
Hope my answer was helpful.
If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.
General &Family Physician
The probability of side effects is higher
It takes time to clear out the prior drug from your body and when you convert this medication you will have high doses of both drugs .
So the possibility of side effects is higher in this case.
Anyway I suggest this kind of conversion based on the fact that you are already taking the lowest dose.
So,you can do on the conversion and then follow up regularly at your doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is lexapro or zoloft better for depression treatment
- Lexapro vs zoloft for anxiety
- How to take zoloft doses
- Taking concerta and lexapro what are they for
- Alcohol while taking zoloft
- Taking ecstasy while on lexapro
- Taking a thermogenic while on lexapro
- Crazy meds zoloft vs lexapro
- Drinking while taking lexapro
- Zoloft vs lexapro weight gain