What dose a take worm look like , fell like?
Here is an image and information
A tape worm is long and flat, looks a little bit like cooked linguini. They are whitish in color.
I'm attaching a link that has pictures for what various worms look like. You can't just click on the link - you'll have to copy/paste it into your search bar.
If you think you might have parasitic worms, it would be best to have a stool test for ova and parasites, 3 times, 2-3 days apart between tests.
Pin worms are more common than tape worms in the US, and can cause anal itching.
A prescription antiparasitic medication would be used to treat these.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis