What dosage of Swarna Bhasma can be prescribed?

Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Ayurveda
Question: The main problems are listed below.

1.Less cognition
2.Sometimes more stressful and depressed
3.Lack of focus and concentration, Fatigue / Lethargic
4.Need to speak clearly
5.Working memory problem, can’t receive so much of information when boss explaining about the task and easily forget the things, but rest all memory is fine.
6.Poor blood circulation and leaky capillaries in lower leg (Schamberg Disease).
7.High blood pressure(due to my work) and easily get tempered.
8.Getting anxious during multitask or unknown task.
9.Last when we tested, i got low iron and vitamin b12 (365).

The point no:1 to 5 is not extreme for me, but the problem persists.

I came to know taking Swarna Bahamas increase the brain activity and my main focus on getting excellent brain power.
Please advise on this.

If i can take swarna bhasma
     a) what is the quantity and how long should i take
b) Any physical examination is required.
c) Which is best brand ( Kotakkal Swarna bhasma or Badiyanth swarna bhasma).
d) Which is best hospital to check in XXXXXXX or XXXXXXX
e) Any Foods to be avoided during this medication.
f) Need to combine swarna bhasma with any other medicine for brain activity.
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more details for proper treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
I went through your query in detail.
Swarna bhasma is an excellent drug for brain activity.
Before advising you the medicine i need certain questions to addressed properly .
How long you suffer from above problems?

How much your Blood pressure range?any medication you are on?

Occupation details?timing?

Lifestyle?

Diet pattern?

Sleep pattern?

Weight and height?

Do you practise meditation and yoga?

Where you reside?currently?

Any other past media al issues?

Iron level ? Hb valve kindly share?

When Schamberg Disease was diagnosed?

Get me the response for further advise.

Thanks and Regards

Dr.S.Senthilnathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 13 hours later
Detailed Answer:
Hai,
I went through your query in detail.
The focus and concentration problem, i do have it from college days, but in some period i have scored very good score but in some period of time, my score will get into too low.

127/78
124/84
142/92
150/88

Yes mentioned below
My blood pressure varies due to my work.

Occupation details?timing?
Software Engineer. For past 2 years, I work only on day shift.

Lifestyle?

Diet pattern?
Non-veg

Sleep pattern?
Before 2 years, i do have night shift, so i have some sleeping diffculties. Now i dont have any sleeping problem, but normally i will sleep 11:30/12:00 AM and woke up at 7AM.

Weight and height?
74kg /164cm

Do you practise meditation and yoga?
No. Just usual prayer

Where you reside?currently?
Malaysia

Any other past media al issues?
I had diabetics in childhood, but it is completely cured at age 10.( current HBA1c -5.6)

Iron level ? Hb valve kindly share?
Iron: 51.6 ( tested on XXXXXXX 2017)
hemoglobin: 14.7

When Schamberg Disease was diagnosed?
Schamberg disease was diagnosed and i am taking medicine past year.
Initially for 8-9 months, i was taking pentoxifylline daily twice/thrice as per doctor advice, but no improvement, as per doctor advise, from this month i have stopped pentoxyfllyine and taking troxerutin instead.
Gluthathione -3000mg
Vitamin c -1000mg

Apart from this, i have taking the following medicines for brain activity for past 3 months, which is prescribed by doctor.

(Coq10)
(Lycopene/ Multivitamins)
(ramipril -5mg) - i never tooked BP tablets earlier.
Acetylcystenine+taurine.
(Ferrous Ascorbic) - stopped due to constipation problems.

But i dont see any significant improvement on these medicines for both problems

Get me the response for further advise.

Note:Due to Privacy, please help not to allow this post, searchable by google.

Earlier, I do have smoking and chewing tobacco habit. But it has been completely stopped almost 2 years ago.
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let me explain

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
I went through your
response.
As your iron and blood pressure seems to be normal.
No need to worry about it.
Swarna bhasma is a excellent drug for brain activity. Dosage level is 20 mg per day. You need to take along with some choornam like brami.
Overall you complaints of cognition,anxiety,stress everything will not be 100% controlled with swarna bhasma and other drugs. it is supporting drug.

Meditation and yoga along with above drug will be helpful and gives you solution for your problem.

Because meditation and yoga had been proved scientifically against cognition and anxiety oriented problems.

I suggest to visit a siddha or Ayurveda doctor to get an in person opinion before starting the swarna bhasma.
Kindly get back to me for any clarification.
Dr.S.Senthilnathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 41 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Regarding swarna bhasma, which is best brand to take either kotakkal or badiyanath. Kotakkal claims their products are mercury and lead free. but someone suggest badiyanath is better

I dont have in depth in it, could you please advise

Secondly, it is better to take swarna bhasma with brahmi or vacha ( Acorus calamus) for intellegience. Please advice on this.

Thirdly, is there any alternative for yoga due to religious aspects.

Thanks for your patience and kind support.

Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let me clarify

Detailed Answer:
Hai,

i suggest you to go with kottkkal product.

I advise you to take along with brahmi choornam.

kindly take 20 mg per day, do not exceeding the dose. dosage should be proper.
because of that i suggest to visit a doctor to get proper dosage depends on your constitution.

no alternative for yoga, you can do meditation.

Thanks and regards

Dr.S.Senthilnathan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana