What does white vaginal discharge after child birth indicate?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
My wife has given birth to a baby girl approx 2 months back.
She is having vaginal discharge (white) after the bleeding stopped. We consulted doctor and she said that this discharge is normal after delivery. It is still continuing. Is it normal? Please suggest.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Let me assure you that it is normal for some amount of lochia (as the discharge is called) to keep coming out a couple of months after delivery. It is normal and nothing to be concerned about. Unless there is active fresh bleeding you need not worry.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana