What does white growth on the gums indicate?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Dental Health
Question: The gums on my front teeth have a growth on them that is white. The white growth seems to be progressing up my tooth......What is that and how do I treat it.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

White growth if it is hard calcified then it can be calculus..

But for a better understanding I would need a picture of your front teeth and gums so that I can give you an appropriate advise..

So please click a picture and upload.

Also please tell that is the white growth is hard and attached to teeth?
-Do you have bleeding gums?

Please revert back with answers and pictures.

Regards..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 53 minutes later
I dont have take picture......The white is actually the visible part of the gum next to the teeth and is growing up between the teeth. It is on the bottom 5 front teeth that when you smile is visible to the eye. The growth has been slow and started 6 months ago.....It is soft and pliable just like the gum. It is as if the gum close to the teeth just turned white and still pliable
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like gum Infection and inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
As per your explanation it looks like gum inflammation due to Infection..
You should consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated..
If it is Infection a deep Scaling can be done followed by gum paint massage.
Also do warm saline gargles.
Do antiseptic mouthwash gargles..

Hope this helps..

Regards..