Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

What does white growth on the gums indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 12805 Questions
The gums on my front teeth have a growth on them that is white. The white growth seems to be progressing up my tooth......What is that and how do I treat it.
Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query..

White growth if it is hard calcified then it can be calculus..

But for a better understanding I would need a picture of your front teeth and gums so that I can give you an appropriate advise..

So please click a picture and upload.

Also please tell that is the white growth is hard and attached to teeth?
-Do you have bleeding gums?

Please revert back with answers and pictures.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does white growth on the gums indicate? 53 minutes later
I dont have take picture......The white is actually the visible part of the gum next to the teeth and is growing up between the teeth. It is on the bottom 5 front teeth that when you smile is visible to the eye. The growth has been slow and started 6 months ago.....It is soft and pliable just like the gum. It is as if the gum close to the teeth just turned white and still pliable
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like gum Infection and inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
As per your explanation it looks like gum inflammation due to Infection..
You should consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated..
If it is Infection a deep Scaling can be done followed by gum paint massage.
Also do warm saline gargles.
Do antiseptic mouthwash gargles..

Hope this helps..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor