Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

What does weight loss with neck swelling,back pain and chest pain indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
iam XXXXXXX but iam suffering with weight loss and neck swelling and back pain and chest pain my xray report says my lung fields are clear cardiac size is wnl and cp angles are clear but mild prominent vascular markings are exist is that a lung cancer what is my problem IS IT LUNG CANCER.WHAT IS MY TREATMENT WITH THIS CONDITION
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: its mostly tuberculosis Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. In India, a patient with these symptoms is first thought of as being suffering from tuberculosis. We do not think in terms of Lung cancer in a young male. So first you need to see a physician or a chest & tb specialist...for a physical examination to know the site and size of the neck swellings, and that they are discreet or matted...matted swellings go more in favour of tuberculosis...he will also inspect for any abmormality in the draining areas of those swellings, if he feels that those swellings are lymph nodes...he may ask you to take a FNAC (needle biopsy) of the neck swelling, also sputum tests and a complete blood count. He may also put you on a course of broad spectrum antibiotics like one from the third generation see if your neck swellings reduce in size with them. Further treatment will depend upon the results of the tests. Hope that i have answered all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor