What does vaginal bleeding after sex indicate?
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
For my patients with similar complains first I will take complete history and examination- thyroid , breast and pelvic examination. Depending on examination findings I would go for investigations . you may require PAP test, ultrasound scan and test to rule out gonorrhoea .
Bleeding after intercourse should be evaluated, as causes can range from trauma during intercourse to other vagina and cervix related polyp or tumor.
As your Chlamydia test result negative, need to test for other reasons.
Usually in a good laboratories with standard instruments- test showing wrong results are very rare.
Trauma during sex: do results in bleeding, reduced hormonal levels do results in dry vagina and bleeding .
Cervical polyp: on examination or ultrasound can detect a polyp. Treatment is removal of polyp.
Get examined by your doctor and further management.
Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.
Wish you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vaginal bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding after radical hysterectomy
- Vaginal bleeding after an appendectomy
- What causes light vaginal bleeding after a hysterectomy
- What causes vaginal bleeding after sex
- Vaginal bleeding after sex should i be concerned
- Is it normal to have vaginal bleeding after having sex
- What causes vaginal bleeding after hysterectomy
- Vaginal bleeding after oophorectomy
- What could cause vaginal bleed post sex