What does upper abdominal pain and nausea in a menopausal women indicate?

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I am a menopausal woman 51 years. I had gone to a restaurant for dinner and had eaten a small appetiser when I experienced sudden upper abdominal pain with nausea and broke into a cold sweat. It is about 30 since this happened. I am resting now. The cold sweat is gone but there is still a full feeling in the abdomen with slight nausea. Are these symptoms of something serious? Do I need to get it checked out in the Emergency of a hospital right away?
Answered by Dr. Sagar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is probably not a serious one.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to health care magic.
I appreciate your concern.
I think you took the appetizer in empty stomach and that cause the problem.
This is not a serious thing.
So dont be worried.
Just avoid having empty stomach for a long,
Take plenty of Water
Can take proton pump inhibitors for a few days.
Also consult your doctor.
Hope this is helpful.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Sagar