What does twitching in the calf muscles indicate in an elderly patient?
need to get examined and evaluated by a Neurologist
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
There is a possibility of restless leg syndrome.
Lumbar radiculopathy can also cause such symptoms.
You should be getting evaluated by a Neurologist thoroughly.
Please get an iron profile done along with vitamin D calcium, potassium.
Medications like Pramipexol can be tried.
You may need to take Pregabalin or Gabapentin if lumbar radiculopathy detected. All these are prescription based medications.
Calcium and vitamin supplement can be added too.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Neeraj Kumar , Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the lump in calf muscle
- Twitching stabbing pain in calf muscles
- Twitching calf muscles
- Syphilis calf muscle twitching
- Why is my calf muscle twitching
- Twitching calf muscles and back pain
- Calf muscle constantly twitching
- Calf muscles micro twitching
- What do fasciculations in the calf muscles indicate
- Intense muscle twitching in calf causes