What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
Empiric treatment for 2 weeks , endoscopy if no improvement
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Based on your description and use of Prilosec previously, the most likely diagnosis is GERD ( Gastresophageal Reflux Disease ). Peptic ulcer disease / Gastritis can be the subsequent most likely diagnosis based on severity. I would initially recommend a two week course of a PPI like Esomeprazole and a pro kinetic like metoclopramide or itopride along with sucralfate and bismuth subsalicylate to see for improvement of symptoms , if symptoms persist or worsen then upper G.I endoscopy should be considered to rule out other causes , in consult with a gastroenterologist.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do lumps in stomach and groin indicate
- What do dark bruises on stomach indicate
- Dizziness stomach pain vomiting sensation what is going on
- What does stomach cramps with bleeding indicate
- What does stomach cramps and diarrhea indicate
- What does spots on stomach indicate
- What is the cure for burning sensation in stomach
- What causes bloated stomach in stomach
- Pulling sensation in stomach headache dizziness what is this
- Diarrhea and severe cramping in stomach what does this indicate
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...