What does this x-ray report indicate?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Dr. XXXXXXX Kabra

I visited the doctor today

It was the work of X-ray imaging

You said you have a bias barrier nose and you can perform an operation to modify the nasal septum

X-rays attached
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 3 days later
Brief Answer:
chronic sinusitis or rhinitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again,

Thanks for sharing images,

These PNS scan is likely inconclusive but it will be helpful if you can share me radiologist report of this scan.

However,in your case, chronic sinusitis or rhinitis problem is likely related to nasal septal defect and it is best diagnosed by clinical examination of nasal cavity.

So,if your ENT doctor is suspecting septal issue and advised you to undergo operation for nasal septal modifications then you must go for it.

Nowadays,septoplasy is mostly practiced.Your ENT doctor will know about it.

Dr.Sandip Kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 10 hours later

Hello doctor ,,

ENT doctor did not tell me the surgery must ,,

He told me if you want to breathe through the nose is the best you can the surgery
Through surgery, we will clean the infection in the sinuses

But the surgery was not needed

But what is important ,, I do not have a problem with the nose breathing

But the problem in the nasal secretions

Greatest gratitude
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,surgery is not must.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again,

I may agree with your doctor when he say surgery is not must.

But the clinical examination of nose and medical history of allergic symptoms of sinus decides whether there is need of surgery or not.

If there is no significant nasal septal problem then it can be managed conservatively without surgery.

We have already discussed above the treatment options in our previous conversation.

But let me know if you need more help.

Dr.Sandip kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 19 hours later
thank you doctor ,

Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.

Let me know if I can help you more or if you do not have any more queries further then please close the discussion with feed back ratings.

Dr.Sandip
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D