What does this urine catecholamine test report indicate?

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 5 Dec 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Please read my medical history before reading further; I had a second catecholamine test completed the adrenaline levels are now 52.21 pg/ml and the noradrenaline 460.16 pg/ml. This was done under seated condition after a 20 minute light walk. I am still having panic attacks, especially after moderate exercise. I have two questions (1) are the catecholamine levels normal (2) should I stop the moderate exercise and do light exercise only until fully recovered.
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have normal catecholamines this time.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear user
I have gone through your question
I can understand your concern.

The normal range for adrenaline is 0 to 900 pg/mL and for noradrenaline is 0 to 600 pg/mL.
So, i can see that this time the levels of adreneline and noradrenaline in the blood,are within the normal range.This is a good news!

This results are different from your last test results.Last time you had normal adrenaline level and high noradrenaline.

If you have panic attacks after moderate exercise,my advice is to avoid doing moderate exercises.According to your last results,i can deduct that your panic attacks can not be attributed to catecholamines level.

My last advice is to talk with a psychologist about the panic attacs.I think he/she can help you for your problem.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thank you for using HCM.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T