What does this urine analysis regarding pain in abdomen indicate?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am a 28 year old female. I am 5'2 and weigh 145lbs. I have been having pain in my abdomen that radiates to my leg and back. A urine analysis shows I have occult blood 2+, leukocyte estarase 1+ bacteria : few and bv category:supportive. What do you think this is?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
REPORT SHOWS UTI, UPLOAD EXACT REPORT

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank for writing to us with your health concern.
Your urine analysis is suggestive of a urinary tract infection.
A urine culture should be done to pinpoint the exact organism, and based on the culture report, antibiotics would be dictated.
Drink lots of water meanwhile.
It would help if you could upload the report instead of typing it out here.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari