What does this urinalysis report indicate?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: In my Report on Examination of Urine, in Microscopic (Centrifuged) Analysis my Epithelial Cell shows 1 - 2 & Pus Cells shows 3 - 4 as H.P.F Seen. In Macroscopic Analysis Color is Pale Yellow & Reaction is Acidic. Is is normal?
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal clinically.

Detailed Answer:
welcome to HCM,

Epithelial cells 1-2 and pus cells 3-4 in urine microscopic examination is within normal limits, even we consider up to 8 to 10 pus cells in urine as a normal parameter clinically.

As urine is normally pale yellow colored and slightly acidic in nature which is also normal.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more queries,

Dr.Sandip Kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee