What does this urinalysis report indicate?

Dr. Vignan Rachabattuni

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: can you tell.me what this urin@urinalist means
sg 1.030 *
ph5
leu trace *
nit negative
pro trace *
glu negative
key new
ubg 1+ *
bil negative
ery 1+ *s
Answered by Dr. Vignan Rachabattuni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to correlate with symptoms to confirm cause

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

Welcome to HCM. I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. You have sent a report of a urine analysis which has several positive findings.

SG refers to specific gravity and it's range is between 1.000 to 1.030.

pH refers to the acidity or alkalinity of the solution.

leu refers to Leucocytes and indicates the presence of white blood cells in the urine.

nit refers to nitrites in urine and it's presence indicates a UTI

pro refers to protein and it's presence can indicate an infection or a kidney disease

glu refers to glucose and it's presence can indicate diabetes

key refers to ketones and it can indicate diabetic ketonuria

ubg refers to urobilinogen. I am unsure what 1+ means because a value 1mg/dL is considered normal.

bil refers to bilirubin in the urine. A positive test can indicate liver problems.

ery refers to erythrocytes and it is possible that there was some blood in the urine.

Looking at the big picture, it seems that you have an general infection in the body which is causing the problem in you. If you have fever along with this, you may need treatment. In an infection, there can be some affect to the kidneys and they do not perform their function well. This causes presence of blood, glucose and white blood cells in the urine.

I hope I have answered your query. Do ask me if you have any further questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj