question-icon

What does this ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015
Question: Prostrate enlarged in size and normal in echopattern measures 35*35*38mm volume 25cc age 58 years
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
As per report your Prostate sis of normal size .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the report of scanning that you have posted it appears that you have mild enlargement of prostate .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any urinary symptoms like frequency ,nocturia ,poor steram .urgency etc ?

The normal volume of the prostate in average man is 18- 20 cc .

If you have mild obstructive voiding symptoms you can take Tomsulosin once daily.This will help you to improve urine flow .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil (2 hours later)
Grade 1 prostatomegaly. No symptoms while urinating
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
No treatment required .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .Since you do not have any obstructive voiding symptoms yo do not need any treatment .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist