What does this ultrasound report showing club foot of fetus indicate?
Amniocentesis is required
I read your query and I understand your concerns about foot problems with baby.
Following is my reply:
1) This is not an injury.
2) This is probably club foot which is appearing as swelling due to pressure effect.
3) Another possibility is chromosomal abnormality like down's syndrome which present with some foot malformations. This especially holds good due to calcification of in heart and 2 vessels cord. These are more indicative of down's syndrome.
4) These chromosomal defects can be diagnosed only by doing amniocentesis.
5) Amniocentesis is a simple procedure to rule out all types of chromosomal abnormalities.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
More like down's syndrome
These findings are more suggestive of chromosomal abnormality like syndrome. Congenital / primary lymphodema possibilty is there but difficult to predict about them without amniocentesis.
I feel amniocentesis is best option in view of calcified heart and 2 vessel cord.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?