What does this ultrasound report regarding positive UPT indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question

​​

I'm of 26 years and I had my last period on XXXXXXX 14th of this year. I had a little bit of bleeding (4-5 drops) in dark brown color on the 11th and 12th of July. Thereafter I did an HPT and found that it was positive..with a weak positive line.

I have listed the ultrasound test report information belowl.

Uterus: Length = 6.98cm, width = 6.33cm, height = 4.69cm, all = 108.55ml

Endometrial thickness = 21mm

Left ovary: length = 3.04cm, width = 2.29cm, height = 2.15cm, vol. = 7.8ml

Right ovary: length = 3.5cm, width = 2.7cm, height = 3.9cm, vol. = 19ml

I wanted to know what can be inferred from this..Also is the endometry thickness normal? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
SUGGESTIVE OF MISCARRIAGE, UPLOAD REPORT.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your concern.
May I ask you a few questions ?
Have you always had regular cycles in the past ?
Are you trying to conceive ?
The endometrial thickness is not normal, it is increased.
The ultrasound scan clearly says there is no ongoing pregnancy, it is indicative clinically of a miscarriage / chemical pregnancy that you had.
You bled, and miscarried, and the lining is thickened as a remnant of the pregnancy, and would get shed off over the next few days.
If not, it would require curettage surgically to be removed.
I would be obliged if you can upload the ultrasound scan report and images clearly so that I can opine about the ovaries, one of them is enlarged considerably, and I would like to look at the report ( not typed by you, but the printed one ) and the images.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: What does this ultrasound report regarding positive UPT indicate? 4 hours later
would you give me a mail id or a contact number.. I wanted to talk to you if possible.. thanks!

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
CANNOT GIVE OUT DETAILS , IT IS NOT ALLOWED

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.
I understand your anxiety and am honoured by your wish to speak to you.
Unfortunately, forum rules do not permit me to exchange my email id or personal contact details.
You can upload any attachments that you wish at - YYYY@YYYY
These would be forwarded to me by the team.
I can guide you as much as you wish on this thread, it is completely anonymous, and you should feel free to write as much as you wish.
Take care, wish you luck.